Hypnosurgery for surgeons and anaesthetists
- 2 Days intensive training
- Cost: £295
A unique 2 day course designed to introduce the methodology of hypnosurgery. (Previous 3 day course accredited with 15 CPD points by the Royal College of Anaesthetists.)
Hypnosis is increasingly recognised as having a valuable role in surgery. Some of the many benefits of incorporating hypnosis into surgery (Hypnosurgery) include the reduction of chemoanaesthesia during surgery and analgesics post-operatively. Research evidence indicates that hypnosis can help to reduce pre-operative apprehension, decrease anxiety, stress and various adverse effects during surgery and diminish post-operative nausea and discomfort. Hypnosis has been shown to improve haemodynamics during various surgeries and improve ability to cope with the demands of surgery and chemoanasthesia. Hypnosis has been used to help combat infections, to assist healing post-operatively, to help recovery and produce a marked improvement in overall patient experience leading to greater patient satisfaction as reported in several studies.
Some research evidence is discussed in the following reviews:
HYPNOSIS PROVIDED A MODERATE TO LARGE ANALGESIC EFFECT FOR MANY TYPES OF PAIN (Montgomery et al, 2000)
HYPNOSIS WAS SUPERIOR TO PLACEBO FOR ACUTE PAIN AND AT TIMES SUPERIOR TO PAIN RELEASE ACHIEVED BY OTHER MEANS (Patterson and Jenson, 2003)
This course is specifically designed for surgeons and anaesthetists to use in pre-operative, per-operative and post-operative settings and is taught over two intensive days.
The course includes:
- Presentation of research results for beneficial effects of hypnosis on surgical patients.
- Filmed presentations of live surgeries carried out using hypnosis for particular apllications, including full details of techniques being used in surgical situations.
- Live demonstrations of pain control, anxiety control and stress reduction by hypnosis.
- Intensive interactive training in hypnotic methods for clinical applications referred to above.
- Certificate of Attendance given to students attending the course.